Monday, May 23, 2011

Five Summer Getaways Every Kid Should Experience #GreatGetaways



As a kid, I spent most of my summers at home watching TV, going to the pool or hanging out with my friends. I wish I could have done more with my time from school than being almost excited when school opens. One thing about being a kid is that you have so much freedom to explore all you want without the stress of obligations. So here are some summer getaways that I think every kid should experience.


Disney World
Though I have never visited Disney World, I still think it is a must for kids. They grow up watching and loving these Disney movies and the chance to see the characters up front and it one place is just magic. There are so many attractions and rides to feel like they are living through the characters life. And the characters do come to life,and are all over the place! How cool. There are live exotic animals and each resort will have you feeling like you are in another town.


Hershey, Pennsylvania

My church went there when I was a teenager and had the time of my life with my friends and family. There is so much to see and do. You can see how your favorite candy bars get made from cocoa to bar. And you get to sample it, of course (which is the best part). There are also great rides. One I remember called the claw, which had my friends and I screaming like crazy. We made jokes about it for years


Washington, DC
There's so much to do there, I just couldn't pick one. Living near Washington, DC is great. I can take a train and in less than an hour, I will be in a city with so much museums and history. There are so may things to do there. I can see a performance ant the Kennedy Center, visit the National Zoo, see an exhibition on permanent display at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, learn about history at the National Museum of American History. . So many attractions, you will never be bored.


Colonial Williamsburg
Living in Northern Virginia, I am privileged to be in a state that has so much history and of course a lot of places I could go and learn about the past of this country. And what makes colonial Willamsburg special is that there is still an old time feel to it. Many of the homes that were there during the American Revolution are still there and restored. There are homes of important people in this country's and Virginia's history that are museums. People can rent period clothing, and spend 18th century money. There are actors that portray people who played a vital part of this country's history like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.



A Water Park
In the hot summer what better way to keep the kids entertained than to take them to a water park. At first people think water parks are boring, but if you go to one with lots of rides, it isn't. There is just so much to do there. You can swim, go through the slides, bubblers, and fountains.



Wow writing all this post brought me so much memories. I have yet to go to Disney, but it is still on my to-do list. And I'm sure most kids have that as one of their dream destinations, if they haven't been there yet.

About Alamo

Founded in 1974, Alamo Rent A Car is a value-oriented, internationally recognized brand serving the rental needs of airport leisure travelers. Alamo offers low rental rates and a hassle-free customer experience at the most popular travel destinations throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Latin America and Asia. In addition, Alamo customers in the U.S. are able to conveniently choose their own vehicles, based upon their advance reservation and requested car class, and then simply drive away from the airport.

The Alamo membership club, Alamo Insiders, offers its members numerous perks including exclusive, member-only deals, quick and simple reservations, and frequent traveler miles with each rental.

Become an Alamo Insider




I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Alamo blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment